Not On Facebook? You Should Be!
While many studio owners have Facebook pages for their businesses, there are still others who haven’t made the jump into this realm of social media. If you’re dragging your feet, you’re missing out on opportunities to market your business, find potential instructors, connect with your current clientele and gain new referrals.
For those of you who are still on the fence, here are our top reasons why your studio needs a Facebook page:
- Facebook is FREE! There are over 800 million active users and 50 percent of those users log into Facebook everyday. Creating your Facebook business page is free and provides the ability to showcase your assets by posting studio videos, photos, class schedules, and other interactive and engaging information.
- Earn Referrals! Facebook is the perfect networking tool, bringing you referrals and new students. By connecting with friends, colleagues, and old classmates, you can easily spread the word about your studio through wall posts and direct messages.
- Fresh, Current Content! Use your Facebook page to alert parents and students of studio closings, schedule changes, important deadlines, and upcoming events. You will often reach your clientele faster through Facebook than posting on your website.
- Engagement! By inviting interaction and asking meaningful questions, you’re opening the door for comments. You’ll reach a wider audience with each comment added to your post.
- Event Marketing! Spread the word about performances, showcases, and other studio events by inviting your friends through a Facebook Event. Creating a Facebook Event allows you to set the date, invite friends, and even include a map. You can add a photo and send a reminder to attendees as the date draws near.
- Strengthen Relationships! Facebook helps you strengthen relationships with colleagues, both at your studio and throughout the dance and fitness community. Facebook is an invaluable tool for open communication about shared interests and activities.
If you’re already using your Facebook page... congratulations and keep up the good work! But if you don’t have a Facebook page (or if your current Facebook page is underutilized), you’re missing a great opportunity to network, engage, and gain valuable students!
Stay tuned for upcoming articles on how to maximize all of these benefits delivered right to your inbox!